|The parochial church is on a hill above the bays of Trelo and Prelo. Our knowledge of the church goes back to July 1133,
documented on a small tombstone on the right hand side of the wall, enclosed in a frame, with the following scripture: “VETUSTAS HUIUS, HIC ET HINC RLUCET”.
The text indicates: ANI DOMINI MILLESIMO CENTESIMO TRIGEXIMO TERCIO MENSE LULIUS”. According to tradition the temple was erected on a preexisting pagan buiding
(this is where the word pagan comes from, “Pagus” or Roman village). Most probably, initially there used to be a chapel that was used for the Longobard military
garrison installed in the VII century. The Longobards loved San Michele and being arianism followers they were considered pagans by the catholics.